Since 1965, Airpets has amassed decades of experience in animal transport, both in importing pets to the UK, and exporting cats, dogs and other animals to over 100 worldwide destinations. With temperature controlled, specially designed vehicles, Airpets will transfer your beloved pet between the UK and EU. In addition, as a pet cargo travel agency, they can find the most suitable airline and flight path for your preferred route. In fact, Airpets is the longest serving pet travel agency in the United Kingdom (Scotland, England, Wales & Northern Ireland). Airpets is a also a pet cargo courier, therefore they manage the transport of your cat or dog to and from the hold of an aircraft, similar to IAG Cargo and Pet Air UK. And, if that’s not enough, they also have a five star pet hotel at Heathrow Airport in London! If you’ve transported your cat, dog, rabbit, ferret or other animal with Airpets, remember to leave a review!
Submit your review
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Table of contents
Airpets Pet Travel Policy
Airpets strives to employ an enterprise of animal-lovers who enjoy catering to your pet’s every whim during transport. They boast a team of animal handlers, veterinarians and consultants, ensuring that your cat, dog, or other animal receives professional attention.
The services offered by Airpets include:
- Pet travel advice on all worldwide destinations
- Dedicated veterinary assistance with all relevant documentation and health check requirements via the on site veterinary partner
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) accredited transport of your pet from anywhere in the UK within temperature controlled vehicles
- Booking of the most direct, time efficient flight for your pet
- Comprehensive ‘Door-to-Door’ pet relocation to destinations across the globe
- Supply of IATA approved sky kennels
- Priority access to the Airpets Animal Lounge and Pet Hotel before or after their flight, where your pet can enjoy the highly rated animal accommodation
Airpets Pet Hotel
Not only does Airpets offer pet travel agency service, and transport by road and air cargo, but they also have a five star animal hotel within Heathrow Airport’s pet centre. Following amendments to the Animal Welfare Licensing Act in 2018, Airpets pet hotel was awarded five star status, so you can be assured your cat or dog will be cared for in a professional and ethical environment.
Depending on whether or not you’re arriving in London at the same time as your cat or dog, your pet may reside in Airpets pet hotel for a few hours, days or weeks. The pet hotel is also available for pre-flight stays for cats, dogs and other animals departing the UK.
Dogs at the Pet Hotel
All dogs residing a the Airpets pet hotel stay in specialised kennels, which are heated to maintain an an ambient temperature of between 15-18°C. Dogs are exercised twice daily in one of Airpets’ five secure grass paddocks. So your dog will have time to exercise before and after travel.
All overnight kennels have their own individual sleeping areas, and there’s a large range of nutritious food on offer, which can be tailored to suit your dog’s dietary requirements.
Cats at the Pet Hotel
Cat kennels offer various height platforms, along with scratching posts, individual heating controls, and plastic beds lined with veterinarian beds. Pens are cleaned and cat litter is changed daily. All major brands of wet and dry cat food are available at the Airpets pet hotel, with special diets catered for upon request.
Airpets Conditions of Carriage for Pets Flying in the Hold
- Minimum requirement for cats departing from the USA and Canada is a 200 kennel
(200 series kennel 68 x 50 x 48 cm)
- For all countries, except the USA and Canada, 100 series kennels are acceptable
- The requirement for brachycephalic (snub-nosed) dogs and cats is a 10% larger container than the minimum
- These dimensions are the minimum, pets must be able to stand, turn around and sit without touching the top of the kennel.
- The container must be strong enough to protect your pet during transport, be secure and have sufficient ventilation on all four sides
- The door must be secured in such a manner that it will not open accidentally or your pet cannot open it during transport
- Your pet’s nose and paws should not be able to fit through any ventilation opening or door mesh
- The container must have a secured water pot accessible from the outside
- Fibreboard, wire mesh and wicker containers are not suitable for pet air transportation
Airpets Road Transfers
Where possible, you might prefer to transport your pet by road. Airpets pet courier services provides quotations on request for road trips in one of their converted minivans.
To request a quote for Airpets to courier your cat or dog by road, or to hire a pet friendly vehicle yourself, get in touch with Airpets using their enquiry form.
Always remember to protect your cat or dog when travelling to a foreign country, and leave a review if you transport your furry friend with Airpets pet travel agency by flight cargo or road!