The Eurowings pet policy for 2023 includes options for flying with pet dogs or cats in the cabin, but not in the hold. Details of the Eurowings pet travel policy for international and transatlantic flights with your cat or dog are included. For pets flying in the cabin, any dog or cat must be at least 10 weeks old. When flying with your pet in either the Eurowings passenger cabin, your cat or dog must be able to move around within their carrier, and they have to travel with an adult passenger. The price for flying your pet in the Eurowings cabin is a flat rate. Also note that Eurowings pet travel rules do not permit cats or dogs on all flights, or to specific international destinations. Certain dog breeds are not permitted to travel in the cabin, regardless of their weight. Read on for full details of Eurowings pet policy, including dogs and cats flying in the cabin, Assistance Dogs and Emotional Support Animals. You can check out reviews for Eurowings by fellow pet travellers, or leave a review if you’ve flown your cat or dog with Eurowings!
Submit your review
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
|Dogs & Cats in the Cabin of the Plane||✅|
|Dogs & Cats flying as Checked In Baggage||❌|
|Pets flying in Cargo Hold||❌|
|Assistance Dogs in Cabin||✅|
|Psychiatric Service Dogs in Cabin||✅|
|Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) in Cabin||❌|
Does Eurowings allow cats & dogs to fly in the cabin?
Dogs and cats in the cabin are accepted by Eurowings in their travel bag, up to a combined weight of 8kg. The pet in cabin service only applies to cats and dogs, and is only available on short and medium haul flights.
In addition to the standard EU regulations for pet travel in Europe, you must also adhere to the following:
- Pet cats and dogs must be carried in a watertight, closed, breathable bag (not a hard container) that they cannot bite through
- The bag may be no bigger than 55 x 40 x 23 cm
- Both your pet and the bag together must weigh 8 kg or less
- Your cat or dog must be able to stand upright in the bag
- Pets must also be able to turn around and lie in a natural position
- Only one cat or dog is allowed per bag and per person
At the time of booking your own flight online, you can reserve a spot in the cabin for your pet under the More Services option. It’s also possible to book by phone with the Eurowings Customer Service Team, although if you do this at a later date than your own reservation, a fee of €10 will be added. However, you can add your cat or dog to your flight online, free of charge, provided you do this at least 48 hours before departure.
Eurowings pet in cabin price
For short and medium haul flights, your cat or dog can fly in the cabin with you for just €55 each way. Registered Guide and Assistance Dogs travel free of charge, and are the only animals permitted on long haul Eurowings flights.
Does Eurowings allow cats and dogs in the hold?
Cats, dogs, and any other animals, aren’t allowed to travel in the hold on Eurowings flights.
Eurowings policy for Assistance & Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals (ESAs)
If you’re flying with an Assistance or Service Dog, they can travel in the cabin with you free of charge on Eurowings flights. This includes Psychiatric Service Dogs, however Emotional Support Animals (ESAs) aren’t approved as Assistance & Service Dogs by Eurowings, therefore they’re subject to the standard pet travel policy.
Excluded Dog Breeds
Dogs of a breed classified as dangerous, such as Pit Bulls and Staffordshire Bull Terriers are not permitted to fly in the Eurowings cabin.
Eurowings flights to Israel with cats and dogs
The following conditions apply for entering Israel with dogs and cats:
- An official Animal Health Certificate, including all required vaccinations (not older than 10 days) must be carried.
- Pets must be at least three months old, and have a Microchip (ISO standard 11784 or 11785).
- A Vaccination Certificate must be carried and must include a valid Rabies Vaccination administered at least 30 days, but no more than 12 months before the flight.
- Evidence of rabies antibodies must be demonstrated.
- A blood test must be carried out at the Veterinary Institute Beit Dagan at least 30 days after vaccination and at least three months before entering Europe.